New members are subject to a $7 membership fee (waived for members ages 17 and under) and $5 initial Share deposit prior to opening any additional deposit account or entering into any loan agreement.
To open your initial account and establish membership, you will be asked to provide basic documentation to verify your name, address, birth date and Social Security number. We will not be able to open your account or establish membership without proper verification. Once your identity has been verified, you won't have to re-verify it to open additional accounts in the future. However, we may ask you to provide a photo ID when conducting certain transactions at a Service Center.
We accept any of the following valid (non-expired) forms of ID:*
- State Driver’s License
- State-issued identification card
- Military ID (due to government regulation Military ID's cannot be scanned or copied)
- US Passport
- Alien Registration Card Form I-551 (Green Card)
- Foreign Passport with a VISA and approved I-94
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Form I-766
We can accept alternate forms of ID if you do not have any of the above. Please consult a Team Member at your nearest TCU Service Center, or contact Member Services at (800) 522-4745 for more information.
* We cannot accept matricula cards, work or student IDs for verification purposes, but they can be used as a photo ID when conducting transactions at the Service Center.
You will be asked to provide proper identification for the minor child for whom you are opening an account. In addition to providing the child's Social Security number, you will be asked to provide one of the following current (non-expired) forms of identification:
- Birth Certificate
- State-Issued ID card
- School-Issued ID card
As the adult relative, you will be listed as an owner on a minor account, even though the child will be listed as the primary owner. You don’t have to be a current TCU member to open an account for a minor child.
Commercial or Business ID
All authorized signors and beneficial owners must be properly identified using items from the list of acceptable documents listed above, or TWO items from the list of acceptable alternative IDs. In addition, TWO of the following documents are required in order to verify the existence of the business:
- Certificate of Existence
- Retail Merchant Certificate
- Professional License
- Certificate of Incorporation or Organization
- Corporate Resolution
- Retail Business License
- Retail Installment Sales Number
Please note that we will also perform a business entity name search on the in.gov website.