1. Sponsor: BUSINESS INNOVATION CHALLENGE – CORONAVIRUS 2020 ("Coronovirus Grant Program" or the “Program”) is sponsored by Teachers Credit Union (“TCU”), 110 South Main Street, South Bend, IN 46601 (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is responsible for all aspects of the Program. Participation in the Program constitutes the participant's full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (“Rules”), and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Program.
2. Eligibility: The Coronovirus Grant Program is only open to TCU members with a TCU Business membership account (not-for -profit and for-profit) that was opened on or before March 1, 2020 (“Applicants”). Applicants must be legal residents of United States, and 18 years of age or older at the time of application. Applicant’s TCU Business membership account must be in good standing, as determined at TCU’s sole discretion based on a demonstrated history of responsible account management including, but not limited to, making regular deposits to maintain a positive account balance, and a history of on-time loan payments. Any Applicant subject to an existing legal order, levy, garnishment or lien of any kind against their account shall be ineligible to apply. Employees of TCU or its subsidiaries and their immediate family members or persons living within the same household are not eligible to apply. The Program is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
3. Program Period: Applications will be accepted online starting on May 26, 2020 at 08:00 AM and ending June 15, 2020 at 11:59PM (the “Application Period”). All online applications must be received by June 15, 2020 11:59PM. All times are Eastern Standard Time. Applications submitted before or after the Application Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Program.
4. How to Enter: The Program can only be entered by submitting an application using the online form provided at tcunet.com/TCU-Business-Challenge. The application must fulfill all Program requirements to be eligible to win a prize. Applications that are not complete or do not adhere to the Rules may be disqualified at TCU’s sole discretion. Only one application per business membership is permitted. Applicants must provide all requested information for an application to be eligible for consideration. Applicants may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at TCU’s sole discretion.
5. Qualifying Submissions: Applicants must complete the Innovate! TCU Business Challenge form here by June 15, 2020. All supplemental information must also be submitted as an attachment to the application form by the June 15, 2020 deadline.
6. Judging: Grants will be awarded under the Program to the Applicant(s) that TCU determines at its sole discretion, who’s response to the COVID-19 crisis best demonstrates resiliency and innovation. Judging will be conducted by a panel of TCU officials. In the event of a tie among the judging panel, a member of TCU’s Executive Team will select the winning businesses.
7. Grants: Odds of receiving a grant depends upon the number of applications. The approximate retail value of available grants under the Program is $15,000 for the top grant, and at least two smaller grants of $5,000 each. All grants are nontransferable. Any and all grant related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the grant recipient. No substitution of the grant or transfer/assignment of the grant to others or request for the cash equivalent by grant recipients is permitted. Acceptance of the grant constitutes permission for TCU to use the grant recipient’s name, likeness, and application for purposes of advertising without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. Notification: Grant recipients will be notified via e-mail or phone to the e-mail address or phone number they provided in their application within thirty (30) days following the selection of recipients. TCU shall have no liability for a grant recipient's failure to receive notices due to the recipient's spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for grant recipient's provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected recipient cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the grant within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the grant may be forfeited and an alternate grant recipient selected.
The receipt by Applicant of any grant awarded by the Program is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY GRANT RECIPIENT (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH RECIPIENT’S DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE PROGRAM AND THE TERMINATION OF ALL ASSOCIATED PRIVILLEGES.
9. Rights Granted by you: By entering the Program you understand that TCU will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your application, including, without limitation, the application and grant recipient's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Program, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
10. Terms: TCU reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Program should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Program. In such case, TCU may judge all eligible applications received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by TCU.
TCU reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the application process or the operation of the Program or website or violates these Rules. TCU has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Program, to void applications for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple applications from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple applications from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for applying. Any attempt by an Applicant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, TCU reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By applying you agree to release and hold harmless TCU and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such Applicant's participation in the Program and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any grant or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Program; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Program or the processing of Applications.
12. Disputes: THE CORONOVIRUS GRANT PROGRAM IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND Indiana WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Program, Applicant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Program, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Indiana having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Applicant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than Applicant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with applying to the Program), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Grant Recipient List: List of grant recipients will be showcased at tcunet.com and will list recipients on the Program website pages. If you are unable to access these pages, for the names of the grant recipients, please contact us at TCUMarketing@tcunet.com and in the body of the email type 'Please e-mail me the grant recipient list for the TCU Business Innovation Challenge.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Program and not to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.